Canon PIXMA MG 3122 Review
- Windows:20 Windows® 8, Windows 8.1.
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1.
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:21 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS®, Android, Windows RT.
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds2, Black: ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.2 ipm5, Color: ESAT (Color) Approx. 5.0 ipm5
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 1,152 / Black: 640 / Total: 1,792
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi3, Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi3.
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope.
- Copy Max. Resolutions: Optical: 1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi7
- Printer Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing2, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print6, Fun Filter Effects, ID Photo Print, Smartphone Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Printing, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing.
- Copy Features: 4-in-1 / 2-in-1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Zoom.
- Scanner Features: Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Wireless Scanning.
- Other Features: Wi-Fi LED, 7-segment LED, Auto Sheet Feeder, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quick Start.
- Software Included: PIXMA MG3122 Printer Driver Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM Easy-PhotoPrint EX4 Easy-WebPrint EX12 Full HD Movie Print6 MP Navigator EX Solution Menu EX.
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) Hi-Speed USB
Canon PIXMA MG3122 Setup Instructions
How to Setup a Canon Pixma Printer on Windows-based Devices
Before being able to use a Canon Pixma printer on a PC or a laptop, you need to learn a few steps on how to connect the unit to the device. If you do not connect the printer to the computer first, the two will not have any means of communicating with each other. Setup usually begins automatically the moment you plug your printer’s cable to the computer you use. But there will be a point where you might have skipped the setup wizard or where the wizard does not appear for some reasons.
Here are the steps to setup the printer manually.
- Remove the printer from the packaging first and turn it on right away.
- Place the ink cartridges inside the printer only when you are being asked to by a notification prompted on the screen display.
- These ink cartridges are normally included within the packaging.
- If your computer has already been installed with Windows XP, you may proceed right away to step 7.
The printer screen asks you to print and scan alignment sheet.
- Follow this instruction and press OK once done.
Place the setup CD in your computer’s CD-ROM.
- Do this even though the printer is trying to connect to your computer wirelessly.
- Drivers for creating wireless networks are included on this CD.
- The CD will prompt instructions for you to follow.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network signal that you use with the printer.
- Choose the network signal on both your printer screen display and your computer.
- When the printer connects to the network, the printer’s Wi-Fi light will go off.
- Print a test page from the computer once setup process is done and the printer asks you to do so.
- Go to “Printers” on your computer.
- Make sure that the printer you just connected to it is set as default printer.
- This will help all other software refers to the printer as their primary one.
- Find a checkmark next to the printer’s name.
- Go to printer setup. Locate a printer connected through a network.
- This process could go for some minutes. Enable the “printer and file sharing” on the computer to view a printer that is connected through a USB on a network.
- When the computer finds your printer, choose “select this printer”.
- Make sure that the printer is set as a default printer. Give it a try and print a page.
How to Setup a Canon Pixma Printer on Mac
There are some cases to learn about how to deal with when it comes to setting up a Canon Pixma printer on a Mac.
- The printer has a built-in display on it
If your printer comes with a built-in digital, touchscreen display, you can use the feature to directly enter Wi-Fi name and password. You should refer to the printer’s guide to know how this works.
- The printer uses a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Refer to the router’s guide to know how this works.
- The router you use is an AirPort Base Station
- Access AirPort Utility. Locate this in the Utilities folder, under the Applications folder.
- Choose your base station in the give list. Enter the password when asked.
- Choose Base Station > Add WP Printer from the menu bar.
- Choose either one of “PIN” or “First Attempt” for the WPS connection type. Click Continue. If you choose “PIN”, enter the printer’s PIN. Find this PIN on the printer’s manual. Click “Continue”. See if the printer’s MAC address listed in AirPort Utility. Click “Done”. If you choose “First Attempt”, press the printer’s WPS button. See if the printer’s MAC address listed in AirPort Utility. Click “Done”.
- Quit the program.
The printer can be connected to a Mac through USB
- Connect the printer to a Mac using a USB cable.
- Install software for Mac. The software comes with the printer. See if the software includes a setup assistant.
- Use the assistant to link your printer with the Wi-Fi network.
- Unplug the USB cable from both Mac and the printer. The printer should still be linked to the network after unplugging.
The printer can create ad-hoc Wi-Fi network
- Install printer software for Mac that comes with the printer. See if the software includes a setup assistant for the printer.
- Make sure that the ad-hoc Wi-Fi network on the printer is turned on. Refer to the printer’s manual guide on how to do this.
- Access your Mac’s Wi-Fi menu. Click the icon of Wi-Fi in the menu bar. Choose the printer’s ad-hoc Wi-Fi network’s name.
- Keep in mind that while your device is on the network that the printer uses, your device cannot connect to the Internet or anything else on the regular Wi-Fi network.
- Use the setup assistant of the printer’s to link your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Refer to the printer’s manual guide to find out how to do this. Your printer may restart first before connecting to the network.
- Go back to your Mac’s Wi-Fi menu. Switch to your regular Wi-Fi network.
How To Setup Wireless For Canon PIXMA MG3122
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer Canon MG3122.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.
- If your computer is connected to a network, only printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.
- If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer by clicking Install driver.
- Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.
Canon PIXMA MG 3122 Driver Download
MG3122 series Mini Master Setup (Windows/XP/Vista)
|MG3122 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows /Vista/XP)|
|MG3122 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.60a (Windows)|
|MG3122 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|MG3122 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Mac)||
|MG3122 ICA Driver Ver.4.0.0 (Mac)|
|MG3122 series Scanner Driver Ver.18.0.1b (OS X)||
|MG3122 Canon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (OS X )||
|MG3122 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||
|MG3122 series ScanGear MP Ver. 3.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||