The Pixma’s front panel features switches along with a 2.5-inch, non-touch LCD show, which dominates in below-$100 printers. The interface of the Canon Pixma MG5620 is a bit challenging, with function switches under the display screen often being used for alternatives as well as the four-way control button together with it being utilized for other functions. Throughout our evaluations, we sometimes actually did unknown which switch to press, yet continuous people will certainly surpass this uncovering shape. A high-capacity black cartridge costs $23 as well as is rated for 5,500 prints, a price of just four-tenths of a cent per web page. A pack with high-capacity versions of all 4 shades and also black pigment costs $81 along with guarantees 700 shade pages, which computes to a rate of 8 cents each image when the expense of the black cartridge is removed. The Canon Pixma MG5620 is the very best photo printer you can purchase for under $100 and one of the speediest all-in-ones at any type of cost. Whether you’re printing, copying or scanning, the Pixma gives solid performance as well as eye-catching output at a lot more attractive cost each page.
The Canon PRINT application makes it simple to release and also scan images or data directly from your suitable mobile phone. With Google Cloud Print3 you can publish from anywhere you are, from applications you utilize daily. For Apple cell phone people, the MG5620 is AirPrint ™ 4 suitable, too. Additional highlights include functions such as a 2.5″ LCD present, which enables you to sneak peek your images prior to you print as well as correct them with Auto Photo Fix II. Like its more-expensive brother or sister, the Pixma MG7520, the Canon Pixma MG5620 prints at a really economical each websites. The Canon Pixma MG5620 has a bundle of software for both Mac along with Windows people that includes My Image Garden, which helps you arrange, scan as well as result your pictures. Easy-PhotoPrint Ex permits you create photo cds, disc tags, schedules and extra. Easy WebPrint Ex-spouse is a plug-in for Net Traveler that makes it easier to output Sites.
Canon PIXMA MG5620 Review
- PGI-250 Pigment Black XL
- CLI-251 Cyan XL
- CLI-251 Magenta XL
- CLI-251 Yellow XL
- CLI-251 Black XL
- PGI-250 Pigment Black
- CLI-251 Cyan
- CLI-251 Magenta
- CLI-251 Yellow
- CLI-251 Black
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds7,8, Black: ESAT (Black): Approx. 12.2 ipm7,8, Color: ESAT (Color): Approx. 8.7 ipm7,8.
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 3,072 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 4,096
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5.
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi.
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelope
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus, Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
- Output Tray Capacity: 100 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4×6 Photo Paper.
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT(Color): Approx. 20 seconds7.
- Printer Features: AirPrint™,4 Auto 2-Sided Printing, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing,15 Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print,11 Special Filters, Google Cloud Print,3 My Image Garden,10 Mobile Device Printing,13 Photo Printing, Cloud Link Printing,16 PIXMA Printing Solutions,1Print from Email,14 Red-Eye Correction, Image Cropping, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print,Wireless Printing12.
- Copy Features: 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy.
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode17, Network Scan, Push Scan, Wireless Scanning.
- Other Features: 2.5 LCD, 5-color Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM9, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Snap Edge, Quiet Mode, PIXMA Printing Solutions4, Quick Start, Rated EPEAT Silver.
- Standard Interface: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)12Hi-Speed USB PictBridge (Wireless LAN)18.
Canon PIXMA MG5620 Setup Instructions
How to Setup a Canon Pixma Printer on Windows-based Devices
Before being able to use a Canon Pixma printer on a PC or a laptop, you need to learn a few steps on how to connect the unit to the device. If you do not connect the printer to the computer first, the two will not have any means of communicating with each other. Setup usually begins automatically the moment you plug your printer’s cable to the computer you use. But there will be a point where you might have skipped the setup wizard or where the wizard does not appear for some reasons.
Here are the steps to setup the printer manually.
- Remove the printer from the packaging first and turn it on right away.
- Place the ink cartridges inside the printer only when you are being asked to by a notification prompted on the screen display.
- These ink cartridges are normally included within the packaging.
- If your computer has already been installed with Windows XP, you may proceed right away to step 7.
The printer screen asks you to print and scan alignment sheet.
- Follow this instruction and press OK once done.
Place the setup CD in your computer’s CD-ROM.
- Do this even though the printer is trying to connect to your computer wirelessly.
- Drivers for creating wireless networks are included on this CD.
- The CD will prompt instructions for you to follow.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network signal that you use with the printer.
- Choose the network signal on both your printer screen display and your computer.
- When the printer connects to the network, the printer’s Wi-Fi light will go off.
- Print a test page from the computer once setup process is done and the printer asks you to do so.
- Go to “Printers” on your computer.
- Make sure that the printer you just connected to it is set as default printer.
- This will help all other software refers to the printer as their primary one.
- Find a checkmark next to the printer’s name.
- Go to printer setup. Locate a printer connected through a network.
- This process could go for some minutes. Enable the “printer and file sharing” on the computer to view a printer that is connected through a USB on a network.
- When the computer finds your printer, choose “select this printer”.
- Make sure that the printer is set as a default printer. Give it a try and print a page.
How to Setup a Canon Pixma Printer on Mac
There are some cases to learn about how to deal with when it comes to setting up a Canon Pixma printer on a Mac.
- The printer has a built-in display on it
If your printer comes with a built-in digital, touchscreen display, you can use the feature to directly enter Wi-Fi name and password. You should refer to the printer’s guide to know how this works.
- The printer uses a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Refer to the router’s guide to know how this works.
- The router you use is an AirPort Base Station
- Access AirPort Utility. Locate this in the Utilities folder, under the Applications folder.
- Choose your base station in the give list. Enter the password when asked.
- Choose Base Station > Add WP Printer from the menu bar.
- Choose either one of “PIN” or “First Attempt” for the WPS connection type. Click Continue. If you choose “PIN”, enter the printer’s PIN. Find this PIN on the printer’s manual. Click “Continue”. See if the printer’s MAC address listed in AirPort Utility. Click “Done”. If you choose “First Attempt”, press the printer’s WPS button. See if the printer’s MAC address listed in AirPort Utility. Click “Done”.
- Quit the program.
The printer can be connected to a Mac through USB
- Connect the printer to a Mac using a USB cable.
- Install software for Mac. The software comes with the printer. See if the software includes a setup assistant.
- Use the assistant to link your printer with the Wi-Fi network.
- Unplug the USB cable from both Mac and the printer. The printer should still be linked to the network after unplugging.
The printer can create ad-hoc Wi-Fi network
- Install printer software for Mac that comes with the printer. See if the software includes a setup assistant for the printer.
- Make sure that the ad-hoc Wi-Fi network on the printer is turned on. Refer to the printer’s manual guide on how to do this.
- Access your Mac’s Wi-Fi menu. Click the icon of Wi-Fi in the menu bar. Choose the printer’s ad-hoc Wi-Fi network’s name.
- Keep in mind that while your device is on the network that the printer uses, your device cannot connect to the Internet or anything else on the regular Wi-Fi network.
- Use the setup assistant of the printer’s to link your printer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Refer to the printer’s manual guide to find out how to do this. Your printer may restart first before connecting to the network.
- Go back to your Mac’s Wi-Fi menu. Switch to your regular Wi-Fi network.
How To Setup Wireless For Canon PIXMA MG5620
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer Canon MG5620.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.
- If your computer is connected to a network, only printers listed in Active Directory for your domain are displayed in the list.
- If prompted, install the printer driver on your computer by clicking Install driver.
- Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.
Canon PIXMA MG5620 Driver Download
MG5620 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/Vista64/XP)
|MG5620 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|MG5620 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.90 (Windows)|
|MG5620 series My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|MG5620 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac os)||
|MG5620 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 18.104.22.168 (Mac)|
|MG5620 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|MG5620 Canon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (Mac)||
|MG5620 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|MG5620 series ScanGear MP Ver. 3.20 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|